Friday 13 February 2015

My Little Box #1 ♥

Hey Everyone

I'm back today and I thought I'd share something with you that I've been super excited about. That something is my new monthly subscription box which I signed up to at the end of last month. I've tried many of the monthly subscription boxes floating around and haven't been 100% satisfied with any of them. Wanting to try a new one I had a look around and found My Little Box

My Little Box works exactly like any other monthly subscription box. This one costs £11 + £3.95 for postage and package. The packaging is a little more but that's because this baby comes all the way from Paris. 

What makes this box different from the rest you may ask not only does it come from Paris! You get beauty items as well as lifestyle items in your box. Which I think is a great concept and this is what drew me in. 

Lets take a look at the box.....


The box comes in another cardboard box so that it doesn't get damaged on the journey. Once I opened the cardboard box I was greeted with a quote. I don't know about you but I'm a sucker for a quote and I love this one. 
The quote is by Ines de La Fressange the lady who helped put together the box this month. Who is she you may ask well this wonder woman was a Chanel muse in the 80's shes worked with the likes of Karl Lagerfeld and now she is the head of fashion house Roger Viver. She is the ultimate Parisian.

This leads me onto my next point which is that each month the box has a different theme and this month's theme is....


French! 


The box comes beautifully packaged and everything is tied together with a beautiful ribbon.


Every month you receive a sort of motivational card which you can see on the left which shares another amazing quote and an illustration by Kanako who creates all of the illustrations for the company. I'm thinking of getting a frame for my bedside table and putting each months card inside, for something nice to look at each morning and night. Also the box comes with it's own little magazine which I loved it shares an interview with Ines, beauty, fashion and even recipes. 


My first lifestyle gift was this this cute little pot of messages. There are 28 messages in side with messages that will help brighten your day. I like to start my day by reading a message every morning when I get up so far I have had some lovely tips and inspirational messages. You can buy all of the items that come in the box separate on the website and this retails for £6.50 on its own.


My other lifestyle treat for the month is this gorgeous smartphone case. I believe it comes in navy too. It's crazy this came when it did as I was needing a new cover it must have been fate. This retails for £16 to buy separately.


Next onto my beauty treats for the month. 

DHC Blotting paper £4.00 for 100 sheets:- 
We all know what these are for when we are having a shiny day these little beauts take all that shine away. These ones are beautifully packaged and are the perfect size to pop in your handbag. 

By Terry Terrybly Khol Pencil £23:-
I'm not gonna lie I was quite blown away to see this in my box as I've heard so many good things about this brand with it being on the pricier side I've never bought anything from the brand before so I was really excited to find this eyeliner in my box. I wore this one yesterday it has a little glitter running through the black it looks gorgeous on the eyes.

L'oreal Super liner brow artist plumper £5.99:-
I'm forever having a love hate relationship with my brows I usually fill them in with a powder when I gave this a go I was pleasantly surprised how quick and easy it was to use. This one is in light to medium which is perfect for me. When you sign up they ask you a couple of questions like hair colour, eye colour, skin colour etc so they can match you and your box perfectly.

My Little Beauty complexion enhancer - Glowing skin £9.50 30ml:- 
Last but not least we have this glowing skin complexion enhancer. Not only does the company have this monthly subscription service they also have their own beauty line called My Little Beauty. I wore this under my foundation yesterday and got a bunch of comments on how radiant my skin looked, so it gets the thumbs up from me.


So there we have it for the February Frenchie box. I know it's quite a detailed post but I really wanted to show you how amazing the box was and how much detail is taken to produce the box. I'm really obsessed with it. 

I paid £14.95  for the box and postage and everything inside comes to about £65 which is amazing. 

I'm already looking forward to next months box any ideas on what you think next months theme will be?

Gemma xo







  

No comments:

Post a Comment